16 Mar Effective Calls to Action Get Results
Call to action basically refers to a marketing term meaningÃ‚Â any trigger or prompt used by marketers to get a prospective client/customer toÃ‚Â take action and proceed to the next step towards converting into sales. Whether
itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s signing up for a newsletter, buying a product or filling a contact form, everyÃ‚Â business website should have this prompt, and it should be effective enough to encourageÃ‚Â the users to act. It is from this action that you can focus your small businessÃ‚Â and measure your success in the internet world. But how do you create effectiveÃ‚Â website call to action? Here are 5 techniques that will prove helpful in yourÃ‚Â efforts.
- Firstly, lay the groundworkYou need to know that before a visitor is willing to act onÃ‚Â your call to action, they really have to understand the need to do so. You haveÃ‚Â to clearly show the benefits of responding by first identifying the problemÃ‚Â then presenting a solution that solves that particular problem.
- Offer something a little extraSometimes you need to sugarcoat the deal if the user is to feel convinced to proceed with the call to action. This could include discounts, a Ã‚Â free gift or entry into a certain competition. The beauty of this is that youÃ‚Â wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t only convince the user but also turn them into an advertising billboard.Ã‚Â You might be surprised to see more traffic to your site just because of theseÃ‚Â incentives.
- Have a few distinct actionsBeing focused in the call to action cannot be stressedÃ‚Â enough. If you have too many then the users may become overwhelmed, making themÃ‚Â less likely to proceed. By limiting the number of available choices the usersÃ‚Â have to make, you will be reducing the amount of mental effort. This will,Ã‚Â however, depend on your website and what you offer.
- Make use of active urgent languageAn effective website call to action clearly informs theÃ‚Â users what you wish them to do. You should make use of active words like buy,Ã‚Â call, register, subscribe or donate. All these go a long way in creating a needÃ‚Â to act immediately or a sense for urgency. You can use alongside phrases like Ã¢â‚¬Å“offerÃ‚Â expires inÃ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦..Ã¢â‚¬Â, Ã¢â‚¬Å“available for a very short timeÃ¢â‚¬Â and Ã¢â‚¬Å“order now and get aÃ‚Â free gift.Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Ensure you get the position correctPositioning the call to action cannot be overlooked too. Ideally, you should place it high on your page and around the central column. Also, donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢tÃ‚Â forget to have a space around. Studies have shown that the more the spacing,Ã‚Â the more attention the call to action will likely draw.
Having an effective website call to action can be said to be the lynch pinÃ‚Â of a successful website. Your business is dependent on your website and so youÃ‚Â should strive to make it right in any way possible. When you consider these 5Ã‚Â techniques and follow them to the letter, you will be sure to generate realÃ‚Â measurable returns on your investment. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s time your small business takes itsÃ‚Â rightful share of the market and grows to the next level.